This Page

has been moved to new address

Franken: Leaving Pine Valley

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Franken: Leaving Pine Valley

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Franken: Leaving Pine Valley

This polish has a forest green base with light green, silver, and pink shimmer.

Two coats, Revlon topcoat.





With flash


My original franken was called Pine Valley, and it looked like this (two coats, Seche Vite topcoat):


The recipe for the original was three parts Icing Envy and one part Color Club Naughtycal Navy. I made this years ago and only wore it once or twice. I was going through my stash today, saw it sitting there, and decided to do something with it.


I added about 20 drops of Wet 'N Wild Hallucinate, which is has pink, silver, and light green glitter in a clear base. Next I added about 10 drops of Maybelline Go Go Green, 10 drops of Zoya Bailey, 5 drops of Sinful Colors Mint Apple, and 5 drops of China Glaze Naked. I shook it all up and got a dusty forest green with subtle shimmer.

The formula was pretty darn good, I must say lol. It dried to a sheen rather than a shine, and it was a tad on the grainy side, so topcoat was a must.

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 22, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

There is nothing as awesome as a frankened franken.....go go go!

Very pretty color and love the added glitter. :)

 
At January 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger The Nail Narc said...

I love it! Looks very similar to a franken I made a few months back.

 
At January 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I love it :)

 
At January 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger You nailed it! said...

it's really nice! love greens

 
At January 24, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you ladies!

@Nail Narc, I loved your green franken.

 
At January 24, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

This is gorgeous! Looks like it could be a BB Couture polish!

 
At January 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

ABOP, that is a HUGE compliment! I love BB Couture polishes so much. I don't have any yet, but I love them lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home