This Page

has been moved to new address

China Glaze Nightfall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: China Glaze Nightfall

Friday, January 28, 2011

China Glaze Nightfall

Warning: lots of pictures, and gushing, in this post.

I picked up China Glaze Nightfall at a nail salon awhile back. I have no idea what collection it's from, but it's pretty old. It was almost completely dried out. I thinned it and swatched it, but I wasn't impressed at all. It looked near black and I was totally meh about it.

Well, I was going through my stash last night and decided to give it another chance. I thought maybe I had missed something. Boy, was I ever right. This polish is gorgeous. The base is eggplant, and it's packed with lots of purple and gold shimmer, with little bits of blue scattered sparsely throughout.

Two coats, Seche Vite on top.

Indoors, it's pretty and vampy, but nothing special.







In the sunlight, you can see her in her full glory




You can see the flashes of gold here


And she even has a smoky, dusky side




Formula wise, it was thick and gloopy, but that's due to age. Pigment-wise, it's a one coater. Love, love, LOVE this polish.

What polishes were you initially meh about, but fell in love with later on?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Boy that polish is incredibly gorgeous. You are making me want all your htf's :)

 
At January 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Rory said...

This is really beautiful! I love dark purples and I especially like the gold almost glass-like flecks in this one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

 
At January 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

From the little research I found, it looks like it was a pre 2000 lacquer? Not released with a line but just a core color. Whatever you've got your hands on, its gorgeous on you.

 
At January 29, 2011 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you ladies! I couldn't believe it when I put it on. I must have been smoking before lol.

LacquerWare, I think you're right. I found a list of a bunch of old ChG collections and it wasn't on any of them.

 
At February 3, 2011 at 2:04 AM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Wow, good thing you didn't throw this one out! And a one-coater? Amazing!

 
At February 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

I know, I'm in love! I can't believe I let it sit there for so long.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home