This Page

has been moved to new address

China Glaze Dusk-Repost

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: China Glaze Dusk-Repost

Saturday, January 29, 2011

China Glaze Dusk-Repost

I'm reposting this because my initial set of pictures was pretty sucky (due to my old camera being sucky) and didn't fully capture the essence of this polish. I'm just anal like that, I guess. :-)

This polish is really old. I had to dig a little, but I finally found out it's from the China Glaze Platinum Series Collection, year unknown.

I think ChG Dusk is very close to Chanel Paradoxal, Revlon Perplex, and Barry M Dusky Mauve, but I would need to see them side-by-side to compare. Like the aforementioned shades, Dusk is a dusty purple with light purple shimmer.

Two coats, no topcoat.

Sunlight:






Natural light:


With flash


The formula was fine. It was a tad on the thick side, but a few drops of thinner and a few shakes solved that problem. This polish is not Big 3 free, but I would have known that even if I hadn't read the label. The smell was quite pungent.

None of that mattered, though. This polish was worth it, and then some.

Happy painting!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 10, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!! I want that polish. You seem to have all the beauties :D

 
At January 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

I hit the jackpot one day at the nail salon. I need to go back and see what else they have.

 
At January 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Wow, this does remind me of paradoxal.

 
At January 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger KarenD said...

Very interesting! I didn't even know this one existed.

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger marox79 said...

Dupe or not, it's indeed a gorgeous shade. The old CG bottles are bigger, judging by your pics.

 
At February 21, 2011 at 2:32 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Marox, I never noticed that until I read your comment. They don't seem any different in size to my naked eye, and they certainly aren't bigger than OPIs, which are 15 ml. My ChG Rosita also says 18.5 ml, and that one is only a few years old. That is truly odd!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home