This Page

has been moved to new address

Comparison: Maybelline Banana Puddin' and Revlon Sunshine Sparkle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Comparison: Maybelline Banana Puddin' and Revlon Sunshine Sparkle

Monday, June 20, 2011

Comparison: Maybelline Banana Puddin' and Revlon Sunshine Sparkle

Today I have two pale yellow polishes to compare. Banana Puddin' is a creme, and it's one of those discontinued shades that's fairly easy to find (try Dollar Tree). Sunshine Sparkle is from Revlon's new summer line, and it's a shimmer.



In the bottle, the base colors look quite close (sorry about the crappy bottle pics). Let's look at them on the nail. This is three coats of Banana Puddin' on the pointer and ring fingers, and three coats of Sunshine Sparkle on the middle and pinky fingers. No topcoat on either:



Sunlight:



As you can see, the base colors are not identical. SS is a shade darker and a little more vivid; BP is very pale.

Formula wise, SS wins for me. Yellows are notoriously difficult to apply, and these two were no exception. Even so, SS was completely even in three coats while BP was still a little patchy (you can see it on my pointer finger in the pic above).

If I could only choose one to keep in my stash, it would definitely be Sunshine Sparkle. The shimmer is really pretty and it's a tad easier to apply.

You don't need both. In indoor lighting, the shimmer in SS isn't noticeable unless you're specifically looking for it. I had a dinner to attend the day I swatched these so I painted my left hand with SS and left the right hand as it is in the pics. I couldn't tell the difference between the two in the restaurant.

Do you own either of these? Which do you prefer?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At June 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger KarenD said...

Great comparison! I do have both, but haven't tried either one. :) I never saw Banana Puddin' at my DT so I swapped for it.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Veronica said...

Nice comparison, I think I would prefer the Revlon :)

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous airryana said...

i am wearing sunshine sparkle right now and it's the only one of the two i own. you're right on all counts - it's tricky to apply (but worth it), three coats for opacity and the sparkle is not obvious. but i LOVE it! colors like these make my small nail beds look average-sized, lol.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Blogger marox79 said...

I like SS better.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

I actually like the Banana Pudding better, but both look absolutely divine on you!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 2:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love yellow polishes! And I haven't find a pale one yet :/ These look both gorgeous, but I like the one from Revlon a bit more :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home