This Page

has been moved to new address

Wet N' Wild Bloom Collection: Garden Hose...and layering

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Wet N' Wild Bloom Collection: Garden Hose...and layering

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wet N' Wild Bloom Collection: Garden Hose...and layering

Garden Hose is from the new Bloom Collection that's been popping up in drugstores lately. The collection consists of several pretty pastel cremes, but this one jumped out at me as being a must-have. I've been loving the swatches I've seen of OPI Mermaid's Tears from the new Pirates of the Carribean collection, and I think this may be close. I don't think they're dupes, but I'm on a low-buy so Garden Hose will have to do!

This beauty is a seafoam green creme. This is three coats with Revlon Colorstay on top:





The formula wasn't too bad. I had some issues with patchiness so I needed three coats, but I'm sure someone could get away with two coats. The consistency is quite good but the brush is NOT. My brush had a few wayward bristles, and of course, the short thickness is cumbersome.

After I swatched, I decided to layer, which is something I rarely do. I've gotten really into NYX Girls polishes, and I've noticed they have some amazing glitters. I bought a few and decided to try some combos. Here is two coats of NYX Girls Maven over Garden Hose:



Maven has a teal tinted jelly base with teal, silver, and iridescent glitter particles:



Now THIS looks like mermaid tears! :)

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At May 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Une Ruxi à Paris said...

That name is so funny!! I love how it looks with that coat of Nyx on top.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Madeline said...

I still haven't been able to find this collection! That color is so pretty on you.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Blogger marox79 said...

Umm, I thought Revlon Colorstay was just the foundation, not a top coat?
You have some great low-cost brands over there.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@Une Ruxi a Paris...I know, it's an odd choice, but I guess they needed to keep with the spring theme lol.

@Madeline...thank you! I found it at CVS, but before yesterday, I hadn't seen them anywhere. Hopefully it will pop up soon where you are.

@Marox...Revlon Colorstay also makes a topcoat.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Miss Blue said...

This is a gorgeous mani!

 
At May 22, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

I just picked up the WnW pastels clearanced out. However, I figured they'd apply like most creme's and be thick and kinda goopy. For the price, I'm okay with that and thought they might be good for stamping. I love the top coat you used. What a surprising color.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I like the glitter top coat over the top! Note to Wet n Wild - couldn't you come up with a more appealing name for a green polish than Garden Hose? That's not very flattering :(

 
At May 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger MB @ Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite! said...

Your combo is stunning!!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 12:07 AM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

I can't stand the brushes and bottles on these, so I avoid them unless the color is like...magical LOL.
But anyway, this one looks really pretty on you, and the layering you did makes it better!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 1:05 AM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

I love the layered look!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Blogger KarenD said...

Love it with the glitter on top!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger AllThingsNails! said...

Love, love, love that color. Have been wanting to wear a Nabi lacquer that I have called Light Green. Will do this soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home