This Page

has been moved to new address

Kleancolor Crack: Blue Crackle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Kleancolor Crack: Blue Crackle

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kleancolor Crack: Blue Crackle

Kleancolor Crack is a new line of crackle polishes. There are six shades in the line, and today I have Blue Crackle to show you. It's a pretty straightforward navy blue creme. One thick coat of blue crackle over NYX Girls Pop Culture (pics of that tomorrow), no topcoat.





The formula was oddly perfect. The consistency and pigmentation were amazing, and if this were a regular creme polish, it would be a buttery one coater. As you can see, it dries to a glossy finish.

It takes awhile for it to crack. I applied it and just kind of sat staring at it, thinking it was a dud. Then it began to slowly crack before my eyes. I was mesmerized. I started blowing on my nails to get it to crack faster, but it just kept doing its thing.

The smell was weird. Kleancolors generally smell like pure evil, but Crack is almost odorless. The faint smell it did have reminded me of wall paint. Very cool.

Something weird happened, though. I still had OPI DS Glamour on my left hand, and I decided to see how Blue Crackle looked over it. It dried, then flaked right off. If you look at the instructions on Kleancolor's site, it suggests applying Crack over cremes, metallics, and shimmers, but it said nothing about holos. Perhaps the two formulas are incompatible. It's also possible that the age of my Glamour mani was a factor. I'll have to give it another try.

Final Verdict: Love. I'm probably going to go back and get the entire collection. OPI Shatter and China Glaze Crackle are cool, but I find the crackle pattern on Kleancolor to be superior, and the ease of application, finish, and price are an added bonus.

These will be available on Kleancolor's webstire for $3.99 (not sure of the official release date). You may be able to find them now in your local beauty supply store for $.99-$1.49.

Happy painting!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome!! I love the way these crack. The brown one looks interesting. There not available to order on the website yet but I did order the chunky holos can't wait to get them :)

 
At May 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Ah, thanks rmcandlelight! I edited to add that. I'm still waiting for the chunky holos to hit my local BSS, but nobody has them yet! I may have to go ahead and order online.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

This is too good to be true!! Crackles, good crackles for 3.99?? Wow. Thanks!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

Holy awesomeness! How did you get your nails on these? I can't wait to track these down.

 
At May 12, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Blogger marox79 said...

I don't like the crackle effect on that, sorry. I still like to see the polish underneath.

 
At May 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger kellie said...

I had the same problem that you had. Except, no matter what finish or brand polish I used with it, the crackle polish just cracks and flakes off. SUCKS. :( So disappointed.

 
At May 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger kellie said...

PS. I read a few reviews and saw numerous comments where this happened. :(

 
At May 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine never cracked. No matter what I did.

 
At June 12, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many coats of the crackle polish did you use.???

 
At June 21, 2011 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same problem. I would apply the "Red Crackle" by Kleancolor over some white painted nails and when it cracks it looks awesome but I find that it flakes off or the tips of nail polish would kinda dissolve. So I tried to put a coat of clear over them to seal it and the red crackle just came off onto the brush, which in turn ruined my clear coat because now it crackles when its dry...lol I found mine in a local store for $2. Which is surprising since I live in a small town.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home