This Page

has been moved to new address

Grudge Match: Sinful vs. China Glaze

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Grudge Match: Sinful vs. China Glaze

Friday, April 29, 2011

Grudge Match: Sinful vs. China Glaze

Today I have Sinful Colors Rise and Shine, as well as a comparison between Rise and Shine and China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise.

Rise and Shine has a blue-leaning green base with fine tonal shimmer. It's absolutely gorgeous. I wore this for five days and got tons of compliments, including one from my son's classmate who ran up to me and said, "Jaylen's Mommy! I love your fingernails!" That made my day :).

Two coats, Revlon Colorstay topcoat:







The formula was pretty darn good for a Sinful. It went on nicely and was opaque in two coats. It also wore well, with only minor tipwear after five days. The only setback is that it dries matte, so topcoat is definitely needed.

I decided to compare this to Turned Up Turquoise, a shade that was previously in my top ten polishes. I say previously because Rise and Shine has now taken its spot.





Two coats of TUT on index and ring, two coats of RAS with topcoat on middle and pinky:





RAS on top finger, TUT on bottom:




As you can see, these aren't dupes at all. The base colors are similar, but TUT leans a little more blue and has lighter, frostier, more prominent shimmer. I prefer the shimmer in RAS, which is why it has replaced TAT on my list.

RAS actually wins the formula battle as well. TUT is a little less opaque, and if you look closely, you can see a little bit of VNL under TUT. TUT dries to a satin finish, so topcoat is needed for shine on that one as well.

I apologize for the quality of these photos. I got these to about 90% color accuracy, but both of these shades were simply impossible to photograph correctly.

Anyway, I'd love to know what you guys think. Which do you prefer?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Erika said...

I own Rise and Shine, tho not Turned Up Turquoise. You are right, Rise and Shine is impossible to photograph accurately. The real colour is very different from photos. It's frustrating. lol

Seeing this comparison, I don't think I need TUT, any longer. They are not dupes, but close enough that I can live with just the one, for certain. :)

 
At April 29, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Une Ruxi à Paris said...

these are both so beautiful!! I have to have them

 
At April 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Honey_lili said...

I prefer RAS too !

 
At April 29, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Madeline said...

Cutest compliment ever!

 
At April 29, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Both are gorgeous and I'm glad I own both of them :)

 
At April 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Blogger MB @ Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite! said...

Rise and Shine is awesome! I love how cheap Sinful is too. This looks great on you :)

 
At April 29, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger KarenD said...

Rise and Shine does look nicer to me, and I've got a bit of a chip on my shoulder when it comes to Sinful since they're always trying to fool me into thinking they've got new colors when they're just re-promotes.

 
At April 29, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

Always like a good dupe/non-dupe alert. Thank you for the work you put on this. :)

 
At May 1, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thanks for the comments all!

@ Karen D...I only recently got into Sinfuls. I had no idea they did that. Sneaky lol.

 
At May 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Blogger KarenD said...

Yeah, you have to watch them carefully. :) Not that it keeps me from buying them, of course--I picked up Rise and Shine over the weekend after seeing it in your post!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

So cute that the kids notice your manis! I like the Sinful more as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home