This Page

has been moved to new address

CQ: Silver Violet over OPI: Do You Lilac It?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: CQ: Silver Violet over OPI: Do You Lilac It?

Saturday, April 23, 2011

CQ: Silver Violet over OPI: Do You Lilac It?

I picked up Silver Violet the other day. I tried to wear it on its own, but it just did not work for me. It's super sheer and wasn't even opaque at three coats. Not only that, but it just looked washed out against my skin. That's when I decided to layer it over Do You Lilac It?.
DYLI? is a lilac creme and a perfect shade for Easter and spring. Silver Violet is lilac with silver shimmer.

Two coats DYLI?, no topcoat (natural light):



One coat of Silver Violet over two coats of DYLI? (natural light):


Indoors:


DYLI? is a standard OPI creme, which means great formula, glossy finish, quick drying time, etc. As I said before, Silver Violet is very sheer, but the formula itself isn't bad. I guess I'll only ever use it for layering.

What are some of your favorite shades that you can only use for layering?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

Love that layering effect. I have some CND effects for layering and an import that I got for layering. However, my most favorite lacquer that was not intended for layering but I found was very cool when used that way (very sheer) OPI Dazzle Me.

 
At April 25, 2011 at 2:04 AM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Gorgeous!

 
At May 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@LAcquerware...Dazzle Me is gorgeous! It has a nice glass-flecky look to it.

Thanks ABOP!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Lindsay M. B. said...

This purple looks so good on your skin tone! Super pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home