This Page

has been moved to new address

NYX Girls: Complex Purple

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: NYX Girls: Complex Purple

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NYX Girls: Complex Purple

Complex purple. That's an interesting name choice. Presumptuous, maybe. I don't think I'd call this shade complex at all. It's actually pretty simple...and gorgeous. The base is medium purple, but it has this really pretty pale blue shimmer. You can barely see it in the bottle, but it comes alive on the nail. I'm used to the opposite happening.

This is two coats, no topcoat:



You can see the blue tint of the shimmer here if you enlarge (sorry about those white spots. I have no clue where they came from!):



Formula wise, I was pretty impressed. The polish went on smoothly and was perfectly opaque in two coats. I was also impressed by the fact that the shimmer is still visible in normal light. It's not prominent, but it doesn't disappear light most subtle shimmers.

I continue to be impressed by NYX Girls. I found a new beauty supply store from which to buy these, and I will be going back for many, many more in the near future. At $1.49 a pop, how could I not?

Happy painting!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At May 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

IKR the name of this threw me off too. It is a gorgeous color with an odd name. I looks so good on you!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

I'm impressed too. This is a pretty color, I know their prices are decent and their formulas are usually decent. Lovely color on your nails.

 
At May 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM , Blogger Une Ruxi à Paris said...

Lovely lovely violet polish!! And it just compliments your skin so nicely.

 
At May 4, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger KarenD said...

Well, at least they got purple in the name. I'm still scratching my head over Sheer Lavender in the NYX line; it's neither sheer nor lavender.

 
At May 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger cocofiere said...

I love NYX Girls polish! I've never seen this shade but the shoe store where I find them doesn't carry the whole range. I'll have to venture into some other neighborhoods as I am currently obsessed with this shade of purple. I love your swatches because our complexions are similar so it really helps me make shopping decisions, probably TOO much. LOL

 
At May 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you for the comments everyone!

@KarenD...that cracked me up lol. That's so random. Did nobody notice? There have to be several stages of production, and it clearly slipped past everyone. Either that, or they thought they were being clever. I can't decide which is worse lol.

@Coco_fiere, definitely check out some beauty supply stores. You'd be surprised at what you can find in some of them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home