This Page

has been moved to new address

Color Club Starry Temptress: Swatches and Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Color Club Starry Temptress: Swatches and Review

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Color Club Starry Temptress: Swatches and Review



Let me preface this by saying that I am not a glitter kind of girl. I only have three glitter topcoats, and I've only used one of them twice. With that said, I love the Starry Temptress collection. I think it's the combination of neon and glitter, and the warm spring weather that are making me feel this way. I have a feeling people are either going to love or hate this collection. I don't foresee there being a middle ground on this one.

Ok, on to the swatches. All swatches have two coats, Revlon Colorstay topcoat on top with shade pics first, then sunlight.

First up is Space Case. This is a bubblegum pink with holographic glitter. Sadly, the holo doesn't really show up on the nail, so it mostly looks like silver glitter. That suits me just fine, and this one is actually my favorite of the collection. The formula was ok on this one; the consistency was good. Space Case is the only one that didn't dry matte. It may be because this is the only one that isn't a true neon.




Next is Ultra-Astral, a hot pink neon with holo glitter. As with Space Case, the holo doesn't really translate. The formula on this one was a tad bit thick.




Next is Wink, Wink, Twinkle. This is a mid-toned neon purple with holo glitter. To save myself some time, I'll just say that the holo in each of these is lazy and likes to lie around in the bottle rather than coming out to play. This one gave me the most trouble when it came to accurately capturing the color. Just know that it's much more vivid in real life. Also of note: the formula on this one was the best for me. It was the thinnest of the six.




Next is You've Got Soul-ar. Neon orange with holo glitter.




Glitter Envy. Neon green with holo glitter. Here is where things start to go south. I'm not sure why, but the glitter in this and Otherworldly looks white, rather than silver. The formula on this one was thick.





Finally, Otherworldly. Neon blue with holo glitter. Formula was a tad thick.




Removal was typical for glitters. A pain in the butt. Please excuse the wayward glitter specs in my swatches, but those things hung on for dear life.

I didn't use the glitter topcoat because I'm not ready for all that just yet lol. Each of these dries to a bumpy finish, but a good clear topcoat smooths them out just fine.

Verdict: I've been under a lot of stress lately, and swatching these made me happy. I love all but the last two, but I still love the collection as a whole and I appreciate that Color Club takes the risks that it does.

You know what else I love? That I can buy an entire collection for $8 at Ross. :)

So what do you think? Love it? Hate it? Not sure yet?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At April 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Stella said...

I prefer the pinks, the others are too much for me.
http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/

 
At April 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Amber P. said...

Cute!! These are the second swatches I've seen of these, and I do believe I should pick them up. I love COlor Club at Ross!!

 
At April 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the whole set. You don't like green and blue or are they too bright for you?

I will never buy colorclub anywhere else but Ross can't beat the price for $8 :)

 
At April 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Niesha(skyla91) said...

LOL! They did hang on for dear life I had glitter on my nails hands for like a week!!

 
At April 3, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

Ahh I need to go to Ross...I need You've Got Soul-ar in my life.
They look fabulous on you!

 
At April 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@rmcandlelight: I think the glitter looks to weird in the blue and green ones. Like little white bumps or something.

Thank you ladies!

 
At April 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger MB @ Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite! said...

Looks like I am going to Ross today! LOL

 
At April 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think these look AMAZING with your skintone! I'll probably love these. Usually Color Club does a great job with glitters, and their removal is easier than other brands - maybe it's because this is a different type of glitter for them, in combo with the neon? Anyway, I'll pick them up anyway, because I just love your swatches of them!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 3:57 AM , Blogger lovepolish said...

Cute colors! I'm usually on the fence about neons but seeing how great these look in your pics makes me want to run out to Ross and buy them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home