This Page

has been moved to new address

Comparison: OPI Yes...I Can Can! vs. NYPD Beet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Comparison: OPI Yes...I Can Can! vs. NYPD Beet

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Comparison: OPI Yes...I Can Can! vs. NYPD Beet

Yesterday I showed you some burgundy polishes. I noticed that two of them, YICC! and NYPDB, looked fairly similar in natural light and I wanted to compare them side by side. Index and ring finger have YICC! (three coats no topcoat); middle and pinky have NYPDB (two coats, no topcoat).

Natural light:



Indoor lighting:





As you can see, the shimmer in YICC! is far more pronounced than that of NYPDB, which is why it wins the battle for me. I think the base colors on both are very close, but the obvious shimmer in YICC! makes it lean toward the warm side of the spectrum.

I don't like that YICC! needs three coats, but it also dried very quickly so I can get over that.

I'm headed to Ross to get the new Color Club collection (Starry Temptress). I also have some stash pics coming up. Let's just say it might be time for a helmer. :)

Happy painting!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger For Me, It Works... said...

I own YICC but it is untried. I will have to try it eventually. Thanks for the comparison.

 
At April 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YICC is the one I like best. Is it still available?

 
At April 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger marox79 said...

Looking forward to more stash pics.

 
At April 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@RMCandlelight, I know Transdesign has it. I don't think it's core because I never see it in the displays at the stores around here.

Thanks for looking ladies!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger shimmerspark.com said...

Your blog posts are making me really want Yes I Can Can and I can't tell you how many times I've passed that one up on swap lists. I guess I'll grab it next time! :)

I'm following your blog now, I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home