This Page

has been moved to new address

Burgundy, wine, maroon...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Burgundy, wine, maroon...

Friday, April 1, 2011

Burgundy, wine, maroon...

No matter what name it goes by, I love the color. I have three polishes today that fit the bill.

First up is OPI Yes...I Can Can! from the France Collection. This polish has a burgundy base with pink and silver shimmer. It's a bit darker in real life, as my photos were taken in direct light. Three coats, no topcoat:



Next is OPI NYPD Beet, from the New York City collection. I've posted about this one before, but here it is again. This one is beet colored (hence the name) with subtle pink shimmer. Two coats, no topcoat:



Finally, I have Orly Perfectly Plum. Again, please excuse the lightness...it's a little darker in real life. This one is a plum creme. Two coats, no topcoat:



Formula wise, NYPD Beet wins by a mile. I was quite disappointed in YICC! because after two coats, I still had bald spots. NYPDB was opaque in two. Perfectly Plum, as you can see, still has sparse areas after two coats.

Application was fine on all three, but again, NYPDB was best. I should note that it is the only Big 3 Free polish in the bunch.

Color wise, I have to say I love YICC! the most. I was previously in LOVE with NYPDB, but she has now been dethroned. I'll have some comparison pics of the two tomorrow.

How about you...are you a fan of burgundy?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Blogger marox79 said...

I love burgundys myself. They're very elegant. I find myself buying or looking at similar colours from the displays.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, my favorite one is yes I can can :)

 
At April 2, 2011 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Angeles said...

I love all of three colors but the first one is gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home