This Page

has been moved to new address

Essence: Underwater...Repost

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Essence: Underwater...Repost

Friday, March 25, 2011

Essence: Underwater...Repost

ETA: Two of my awesome readers brought it to my attention that Underwater looks grey in my pics. I wanted to repost with some indoor pics of this, because I think the sun may have washed out the blue in my sunlight pics. I didn't realize the difference was so pronounced. Here are a couple of indoor pics. Two coats, Revlon topcoat:






Original post:


Today I have Essence Underwater, not to be confused with...Essence Underwater. Nihrida discussed the difference in the two polishes here. Apparently I have the second version.

At any rate, Underwater is simply stunning. It's a dusty blue cream with subtle shimmer. The thing about the shimmer is that when you do see it, it looks like it's glowing from deep below the layers of polish, which is exactly how light looks under water. It's pretty damn cool. It didn't even need the shimmer to be beautiful though, because the base is dusty and sexy. Can you tell I love this polish? I don't have anything else like it.

The best part to me is that it only cost $.99 at Ulta. I got this and several others when I was in Cincinatti. You have to love cheap polishes that deliver like this. Two coats, Revlon topcoat.




I didn't capture the shimmer very well, but you can see it a little here:



Application on this was just fine. It's very nicely pigmented and probably could have been a one-coater if I had better skills.


And just because, this is my daughter's NOTD. One coat of China Glaze Classic Camel with two coats of Fairy Dust on top.



Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 23, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Une Ruxi à Paris said...

this essence look just gorgeous on you!! I love it

 
At March 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I took a look at both. I like both of them. I would love to own your version. Can you see the glitter/shimmer in low light?

Your daughters nails are so cute. Nice selection :)

 
At March 23, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger marox79 said...

Strange, it looks grey in your pictures. My sister bought it recently but didn't get round to wearing it yet and is definitely blue.

 
At March 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Love it, and I agree, it looks grey on you. When I saw blue in your comments, I thought you'd made a mistake, but I see in Nihrida's post it looks blue on her. Anyway, it looks fab on you.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you ladies!

@rmcandlelight, you can see it and I don't know why it was so elusive in my pics.

@Marox79 & ABOP: I went back and looked at all my pics for Underwater and I noticed that it does look more blue in my indoor pics. I didn't realize the difference was so pronounced in the sunlight pics (I think the sun washes it out a bit). I'm going to edit the post and put some indoor pics up. Thank you ladies for calling that to my attention!

 
At March 25, 2011 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Nail Dazzler Nails said...

I love the china glaze camel colour to me is a formal colour. But with the holographic top coat looks even better

 
At March 26, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger marox79 said...

@NailNoir: Blue or grey, it's a great colour all the same. I'm well aware that some colours and depending on the crappy natural light you may have -on a day like today here- can be a real PITA to capture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home