This Page

has been moved to new address

Black Beauties

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Black Beauties

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Black Beauties

Today I have two black-based polishes: Wet 'N Wild Blackmail and NYX Girls Robotic. Both of these polishes have a black base with beautiful shimmer/glitter.

First up is Blackmail. The base contains blue and bronze glitter, and possibly pink and a few other colors that only flash occasionally. Nail pics are two coats, no topcoat.








Next up is NYX Girls Robotic. This one contains turquoise shimmer. It actually flashes green in the bottle, but it doesn't translate to the nail. I was really surprised by the depth of this polish. Nail pics are three coats, no topcoat.









This one reminds me of Cult Nails Living Water, only not as pretty.

Formula-wise, Blackmail really surprised me. It went on smoothly and was opaque in two coats. The only problem I had was with the brush. This was my first experience with the short bottles and the short, stubby brush. I'm sorry, but some things in life just should not be short and stubby. *Ahem* The other drawback is that this polish dries to a bumpy finish, so topcoat is a must.

Robotic wasn't as easy to work with. It was watery and needed three coats for opacity. One positive is that it dries to a very glossy finish.

Overall, I love them both and I especially love the prices.

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Une Ruxi à Paris said...

I prefer the second one, I love blue

 
At March 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

I prefer the second too even thought the formula wasn't as good. It's much deeper and prettier IMO

 
At March 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger KarenD said...

Those Wet 'n' Wild bottles are a challenge to work with--even more so the minis they put out sometimes. Ah well, such is the price of beauty. :)

 
At March 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The 2nd one is stunning! :D

 
At March 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Rory said...

I really like Robotic...too bad the formula was a bit of pain. :(

 
At March 10, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Both are really pretty :)

 
At March 12, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@KarenD, I totally agree. I still want that green mini...Morbid, I think...so I'll just soldier on through lol.

Thank you ladies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home