This Page

has been moved to new address

For Girls Only

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: For Girls Only

Sunday, March 6, 2011

For Girls Only

In the last few years, pink has become a more neutral color. When I was younger, only girls wore pink. No exceptions. Then around the time of high school (the 90's), boys started to wear polo shirts with pink in them somewhere. In the last ten years, men have just gone all out with it. Pink shirts, pink ties, and pink cars (well, maybe just Cam'ron, the rapper).

I think it's great. I don't think any gender should be restricted when it comes to color. That said, I can't help but feel all pretty and girly when I wear pink on my nails. It just does something to me. China Glaze Strawberry Fields and Finger Paints I'm a Survivor are two colors that get me every time.

You've seen Strawberry Fields (Summer Days collection). Vivid pink with gold glass-flecked shimmer. It's one of ChG's best. I'm a Survivor was part of the 2010 Breast Cancer Awareness collection. The name always makes me think of the Destiny's Child song, which means it gets stuck in my head all day. But that's ok, because the color makes up for it. I'm a Survivor is bright pink with silver shimmer. Two coats, no topcoat in both pictures.


Strawberry Fields. I posted pics of this one before, but they were all washed out and, well, awful. These pics are much more true to how the shade looks on me.






I'm a Survivor. This one reminds me of rock candy.






The formula was good on both.

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 6:08 AM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

I laughed right out loud when you mentioned Cam.
Why was he so obsessed with pink?! And then after the pink thing, he started fiending for purple. Ahahaha I'm laughing so hard. It seemed random, but he was going so hard for those colors, like there were no other colors in the world.

Anywho, gorgeous polishes. They both look beautiful on you. n_n

 
At March 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

I know! He was trying to make fetch happen, and it wasn't. Just no. LOL

Thank you for the compliment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home