This Page

has been moved to new address

Part 2...Color Club Alter Ego Collection: Swatches and Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Part 2...Color Club Alter Ego Collection: Swatches and Review

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Part 2...Color Club Alter Ego Collection: Swatches and Review



Today I have part two of the Alter Ego Collection: Keep it Under Cover. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by these. The shades are vibrant and textured, and a couple of them are unique. This is obviously the portion of the collection that was designed for those who like to be bold and daring. Check it out:


Masquerading. Pale greyish-blue frost. This one is odd. First of all, I saw it in the bottle and totally expected it to be sheer. It just had that look to it. Yes, I prejudged. This is a one-coater yall. ONE COAT. Also odd is the texture. I don't think I've ever seen a finish like this. The formula was pretty thick, but not difficult to work with.




Secret Agent. Rich purple frost with purple shimmer. Two coats. I apologize for my fingers, but I couldn't get my camera to pick up the purple no matter how hard I tried. I had to adjust the color to make it color accurate , which resulted in Incredible Hulk fingers. I plan to re-swatch and get some sunlight pics tomorrow if it doesn't rain. This one may be similar to China Glaze Coconut Kiss, but with one difference; in indoor lighting, it looks a little dusky/smoky, which I like.




Alter Ego. Silver with gold (?) flecks and foil finish. Two coats. This one looks like your typical silver foil polish, but the goldish flecks make it unique for me.






Ulterior Motive. Vibrant fuchsia with blue shimmer and foil finish. Two coats. I absolutely love this one. It's just...so gorgeous. I also thought this one would be on the sheer side, but it wasn't. The blue shimmer is very visible on the nail. This one is unique for me as well.





Total Mystery. Royal blue with fuchsia shimmer. Two coats. I love this one too, but not as much as Ulterior Motive, the yin to its yang. Unfortunately, the pink shimmer refused to show up in my pictures, but it is visible in real life. May be somewhat similar to Orly Lunar Eclipse. By the way, this was the only one I used a topcoat on. It dried almost to a matte finish. I used the Color Club Vivid topcoat that came in the set.








Finally, the winner of the collection.

Alias.
Purple shimmery foil duochrome that flashes green and gold. And I probably still didn't describe it right, but it's awesome. May be in the vicinity of Orly Out of This World.






Formula-wise, these were much better than those in the first part of the collection.

Final verdict: I think Color Club did a great job with this part of the collection. None of them were boring to me, and a couple were unique. I think they could have released this as a stand alone. I would have paid full price for Alias, Ulterior Motive, Total Mystery, and Alter Ego. I don't have anything like any of them in my stash.

What do you think?

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like this set except the first 2 and not because of the color. I don't like the streaks. Yeah purples are pretty hard to capture. Get yourself an ott light or use daylight bulbs for your lighting it helps a great deal :)

 
At February 28, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger marox79 said...

I really like all the shades in this set. The foil ones look particularly great.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@rmcandlelight, I agree. I can't stand brush strokes. Thank you for the tip! Just when I thought I had gotten a handle on my lighting and camera settings, that purple threw a wrench in my plan lol.

@marox79, the foils are my faves as well.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Ooh, I'm loving the foil ones! Thanks for swatching these!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Oh, and btw, I HAVE both an Ott lite and another lamp with a daylight bulb, and I still have a hard time capturing purples and teals - it's the cameras, not the lighting. Of course everything looks better in sunlight :)

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@ABOP: I wish I had more sunlight; with the way the windows are in my house, I only have about 2 hours of direct sunlight each day, and I'm almost never home during that time during the week. I'm a swatching fool on the weekends lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home