This Page

has been moved to new address

Sally Hansen Sumptuous Petal

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Sally Hansen Sumptuous Petal

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sally Hansen Sumptuous Petal

With all the talk about OPIs "new" sorbet finish, I thought I'd pull out one of my favorite jellies. Sumptuous Petal was part of the Spring 2008 Sally Hansen Collection by Tracy Reese. At the time of its release, I went to every drugstore within a 15 mile radius looking for it (and Arabian Night), but to no avail. Thankfully a sweet poster on the Long Haircare Forum, where my nail obsession started, sent me Sumptuous Petal.

SP is a coral-pink jelly. It looks like it could fit right in with the new OPI Texas sorbet polishes. It's fresh and springy with a hint of juiciness lol. This is five, yes FIVE coats, no topcoat.

Shade:


Sunlight:



Formula wise, this was obviously very sheer, but it was nice to work with. Each coat went on smoothly and dried quickly. I'm impatient, so the five coats should have been very tedious, but each coat applied so well, it was fine. The polish is a little brighter than my pics show.

Why five coats? I could have gotten away with three, but there was just too much VNL for me. Am I the only one who builds my jellies that way?

Happy painting!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This one has been a long time lemming for me. I have never seen it in the store nor ebay. Maybe one day I'll own it.

It is a faboulous jelly! Love it on you :)

 
At February 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

Omg this is so freaking cute!! Jelly polish is the best...I just want to reach into my computer screen and squish it. The color looks beautiful with your skin as well.

And I build my jellies too...I like a hint of VNL with jellies. If I can see like the whole thing, then I just put on more coats.

 
At February 21, 2011 at 2:37 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

I know! I love how juicy jellies look.

rmcandlelight: I'm sending good polish vibes your way. I hope you get it!

CB: I'm glad it's not just me. I know part of wearing jellies is VNL, but I just can't stand it!

 
At February 26, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

I love this and immediately checked my spreadsheet to see if I have it! I don't :) but I'm glad you do and you shared it. So fresh and shiny!

 
At February 26, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 26, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thanks ABOP! It does look fresh, and juicy lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home