This Page

has been moved to new address

Essie Jumpin' Junkanoo

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Essie Jumpin' Junkanoo

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Essie Jumpin' Junkanoo

Jumpin' Junkanoo is one of my favorite pinks. It was released with the 2007 Essie Bahamas collection. The base is a cool medium pink with really pretty subtle pink shimmer. Something about this shade seems so fresh and tropical. I wasn't all that impressed with the rest of the collection, but they got it right with this one. This is three coats, no topcoat.

Sunlight:





Shade:


The formula is odd, in that it's not a jelly, but it has jelly tendencies. In other words, it's a little on the sheer side and needs three coats to get to opacity. The finish is also jelly-like, which may be why it looks so fresh. It's really beautiful and my pics don't do it justice.

I've been to the Bahamas twice and I love the fact that many of the buildings there are pink, including the Parliament Building below:


Here I am in front of one of the hotels:


It's such a beautiful set of islands with a rich history and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I can't wait to go back one day.

Happy painting!

*Parliament picture taken from Wikipedia

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 12, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a beautiful pink! Love the pink bldg and you look so cute :)

 
At February 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

This color is excellent on you!

 
At February 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty! If you ask me, it's the perfect Barbie pink...

P.S.: You've got an award on my blog :)

 
At February 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Rory said...

Man, I wish I could go to the Bahamas...maybe some day! This color is really nice and it perfectly matches the parliament building!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you ladies!

Maki, thank you, I'll check it out!

VV, definitely go one day. You won't regret it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home