This Page

has been moved to new address

Straight to the taupe!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Straight to the taupe!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Straight to the taupe!

How lame is that title? lol

Anyway, I have some taupe comparisons. I had already planned to compare Color Club Give Me a Hint from the Alter Ego collection with China Glaze Below Deck (re-release of Channelesque) from the Anchors Away collection, but I threw in Pure Ice Taupe Drawer and OPI You Don't Know Jacques just because. I already know they aren't close, but what the hell. No topcoat on any of these.

Index finger: Give Me a Hint (GMaH), 2 coats
Middle finger: Below Deck (BD), 2 coats
Ring finger: Taupe Drawer (TD), 3 coats
Pinky finger: You Don't Know Jacques (YDKJ), 2 coats







As you can see, GMaH and BD are not dupes. BD is more purple; GMaH is more grey. Formula wise, there is no comparison. BD was pretty much a one coater for me even though I did two out of habit, while GMaH needed two thick coats. If you have BD, you don't need GMaH unless you look at these pictures and see two drastically different shades.

TD is pretty sheer and not all that great to work with. YDKJ is standard OPI creme fare (smooth, creamy, pigmented, etc.).

I think I can safely say I have enough taupes. Happy painting!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 2, 2011 at 3:04 AM , Blogger Une Ruxi à Paris said...

These all look great!! I love taupes

 
At March 2, 2011 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comps, I have soooo many taupes. I'm so drawn to them :)

 
At March 2, 2011 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Blusherine said...

awwwww.... these are just my shades!!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Rory said...

This is the first time I've seen Below Deck and thought that it was beautiful! I like them all except YDKJ...i know, everyone loves that one!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger For Me, It Works... said...

Thanks. I had been trying to find a comparison between YDKJ and Below Deck. Thanks again.

 
At March 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

Thanks for the work you put into these. Its always helpful on what I want and what I can pass by. :)

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you ladies! I'm glad I could help. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home