This Page

has been moved to new address

Ruby Kisses: Tropical Green (and Crackle)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Ruby Kisses: Tropical Green (and Crackle)

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ruby Kisses: Tropical Green (and Crackle)

I was headed to the mall the other day to see what I could find at Claire's when I passed a beauty supply. I almost slammed on my breaks because the place was HUGE. Turns out, it's a new beauty supply superstore, and it's only fifteen minutes from my house. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. *does happy dance* I probably spent an hour in there just taking it all in. I came home with six new babies, including Crackle! (about a year late, right? LOL)

One of my new babies is Ruby Kisses Tropical Green, a lime green creme. Apparently this is a new shade, as evidenced by the big "NEW" sticker on the bottle. I'm not familiar with this brand, but I was pretty impressed with this, especially since it was $1.49. This is two coats, no topcoat.





Here's Tropical Green with one coat of China Glaze Lightning Bolt on top. I know you've seen this 50-11 times, but one more won't kill you.






Tropical Green was a tad on the thick side, but it was workable. I thought it would be streaky but it wasn't at all. I'm definitely going back to get more of these. Lightning Bolt was fine; this was actually my second attempt. The first was super ugly because I didn't know what the heck I was doing. The thicker the coat, the better the crackle effect.

Happy painting!


Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

Beautiful mani!! I love the color combination...my mom used to put me in outfit just like it when I was a kid. A lime green shirt with white denim overalls. -___-

And I really like Ruby Kisses' new logo.

 
At February 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Recalcitrant Nails said...

Love the mani. Love the new polish. And I'm so jealous of your superstore find. Here's to excellent shopping deals. ;)

 
At February 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love Ruby kisses. Looks like they have a new collection of pastels. Lovely on you. I like the crackle over it too! I'll never get tired of seeing crackles bring'em on girl :)

 
At February 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Pretty!! I bought this same color over a month ago. Lol now that I've seen it on you makes me wanna use it now. I know it will look great b/c i'm about the same skin tone. Yay!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@Chaosbutterfly: Pics or it didn't happen ;-D lol. I like the logo too...it makes the polish seem expensive or something.

@Lacquerware: Thank you! I'm heading out there today :-D

@rmcandlelight: You love your crackle don't you? lol. I don't blame you. I wanted the whole set but they only had the white.

@Lorene: I'm sure it will look great on you. It's time to break out the spring colors now!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

OMG, I just saw this post - I'm wearing this Ruby Kisses polish now - as part of a drag marble mani that I will post tonight!! They're actually pretty nice formula-wise (I love thicker polishes), but thank God for quick dry topcoat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home