This Page

has been moved to new address

OPI Maine-iac Mauve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: OPI Maine-iac Mauve

Sunday, January 30, 2011

OPI Maine-iac Mauve

Maine-iac Mauve was released with the 1998 New England Colors collection. It has a fairly standard mauve base and lots of gorgeous gold shimmer. I think this polish is absolutely stunning. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like OPI makes shades like this anymore. I wish they would, because when they get it right, they really get it right.

Four coats, no topcoat.

Sunlight:





Natural light:


The formula was standard OPI; I had no problems. The polish was opaque in three coats, but I added a fourth for reasons I'll explain below.

I love this color. Absolutely love. But I don't love it on me. I added a fourth coat because I think I was holding onto the vain hope that it would get darker or more intense. Clearly, that didn't happen. This shade is just too close to my skintone and it washes me out. I think it would look beautiful on darker or lighter skin, but I'm too middle of the road for it.

Sigh.

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Princess Chronicles said...

I disagree, I think this shade looks great on you! The gold adds something great!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you! I love this polish so much. I did think it looked good in my pics lol, but in person it just looks so blah on me. Maybe I'll give it another try.:-)

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger marox79 said...

GORGEOUS color, that says it all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home