This Page

has been moved to new address

OPI Baguette Me Not

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: OPI Baguette Me Not

Friday, January 14, 2011

OPI Baguette Me Not

This is another lovely creme from OPI's 2008 France Collection. The best way to describe the color is salmon. This is one of those safe colors that you can wear to work. Some people might call it a grandma color, and to be perfectly honest, it does look like something Catherine Chancellor would wear. At any rate, it's pretty and shiny lol.

Two coats, no topcoat.




The formula was fine and I had no issues with chipping.

As much as I like this color, I don't think it does anything for me. It kind of washes me out. It would look a lot prettier on darker or lighter skintones. It sucks because, as I said before, I haven't met an OPI creme I didn't like. Oh well, it happens.

Sidenote: I love that OPI created a France-inspired collection. I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Paris a few years ago, and it is amazing. The architecture, the fashion, the food, the people...everything is really chic and beautiful.

My husband (the best chef in the world) was selected to be part of the team that catered the 2007 Rugby World Cup. Here he is fourth from the left (you can't miss him lol):

Because he's awesome, he told them he wanted me to be there, and they agreed. Since my son was still a baby and still nursing, I chose to fly in for the last few days of the trip.

Here we are in front of the Eiffel Tower:


And on a dinner cruise down the Seine River:


Remember when I told you I was a sugar addict? Well, imagine how elated I was at the time I took this picture:


My husband was working that day, so I bought a bunch of pastries and went back to my hotel room to pig out in private. What's funny is that French desserts taste nothing like American desserts. They look rich and decadent, but in reality, they're not sweet, or at least not sugary sweet (sorry America!). They're light, airy, and just plain delicious, but they don't make you feel sick and they leave no aftertaste. It's the weirdest thing.

Mmmmmmmm...


I only packed boots and a pair of heels because I had no idea how much walking I'd be doing while I was there. I bought these. Aren't they cute?


If only I had been a nail polish fanatic when I was there...oh, the shopping I would have done!

Happy painting!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Rory said...

Wow! I love this story and all the photos! You're husband is a chef?? How awesome is that! I bet you guys eat pretty well! :D

 
At January 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

VV, believe it or not, he rarely cooks at home lol. Most of his chef friends are the same way. But when he does cook, it's a real treat! I'm glad though because I ha to learn how to cook and now I give him a run for his money in the kitchen. :-)

 
At January 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!! Thanks for sharing!! You guys are a hansome couple you both look like a couple of stars!!! Girl, you are beautiful. That's great your hubby is a chef. Hubby not cooking much at home is like a hair dresser not having time to do their own hair. Lol!! :D

 
At January 15, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Thank you so much! And that is the perfect analogy. I can't tell you how many times I have seen that. Hair looking a mess, but the clients look great LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home