This Page

has been moved to new address

Sinful Colors Mint Apple (and a confession)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Sinful Colors Mint Apple (and a confession)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sinful Colors Mint Apple (and a confession)

I ventured out into the snow and ice today because I was going stir crazy. The whole family has been stuck in the house this week due to school and work closings, and frankly, we're sick of looking at each other.

So off I went to Walgreens to see what kind of nail polish shenanigans I could get into lol. My Walgreens had all of their Borghese polishes on clearance for $2.79, but the shelf had been picked clean. I got a pretty pink one that I will post about later. I didn't see much else so I ventured over to the Sinful Colors display.

Confession: I can be a polish snob at times. I started out buying drugstore polishes, but as I got deeper into the nail polish world, reading blogs and posting on Makeup Alley, I learned about online retailers and salon polishes and that was all she wrote.

Every now and again, I see a drugstore polish that intrigues me, but for the most part, I rarely buy them. I have a few, but not as many as I should. Clearly, I've been missing out.

So anyway, I went by the Sinful display and I saw several that I liked. I didn't want to go crazy, so I only picked one. Mint Apple. It's a winner. It's mint green with silver shimmer, and it's gorgeous.

Three coats, no topcoat.








Outdoors. I did a quick swatch in the parking lot lol. I wanted to get some pictures in the sunlight.



Isn't it pretty? The formula was ok. It was a little streaky, but it wasn't too bad. I needed three coats because I had some cuticle drag (you can see it in those last pics).

This is only my third or fourth Sinful, but it definitely won't be my last. I saw some that I must have.

Anyone else want to confess to being a current or former polish snob?

Happy painting!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 12, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Brr!! just saying the word 'snow' I get the chills. Lol! I don't have to worry about it living in Florida.

I am no way a snob when it comes to polish. Lowend Highend I love and own it all. Sinfuls are nice lots of pretty ones in the collection. Don't pass them up. Mint apply is a pretty one.

What is your user name on MUA? I'm rmcandlelight.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 12:56 AM , Anonymous cl said...

I only wear OPI... Lincoln Park After Dark for fall/winter... Something in the pink family for spring/summer... But I found some GREAT nudes and shimmers for $1 @ ULTA. POW!!!

 
At January 13, 2011 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

@rmcandlelight, I haven't posted in a long time, but I was lolabrigida450 on MUA.

@Miss CL, lol! You know I live in the country so the closest ULTA is about an hour away, but I might have to take a trip out there one day soon. I've seen some great polishes from them on other blogs.

 
At January 15, 2011 at 2:40 AM , Blogger ABOP Laquerlove said...

Great color! I've been into NP since I was a teenager, so always opted for the cheaper brands, and only recently added some pricier options to my collection. I still prefer my cheap lovelies, but at the end of the day if my polish doesn't make me smile, it doesn't matter how much I paid for it, right?

 
At January 15, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Exactly right! I just bought some cheapies from Walmart today. It felt good, too lol.

 
At January 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started out with Sinful Colors but it was too hard for me to get it to look close to decent. I would never make it to the third application! I gave up, lol. I have picked up some nice colors from them, buut gave them all to my little cousin. I may try them again since I know that two/three coats is normal with them. I like OPI, just don't like the price, lol:) On a budget!

 
At January 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and what is cuticle drag?

 
At January 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Nail Noir said...

Caramelnaps, two/three colors is normal, even with some salon quality polishes. I always do two, no matter the polish, because I think it looks better. Definitely give Sinful another try. You can't beat the price. :-)

Cuticle drag is when the area close to your cuticles looks sparse because the polish drags away while you're painting. It's super annoying lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home