This Page

has been moved to new address

Comparison: Corals with Gold Shimmer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Nail Noir: Comparison: Corals with Gold Shimmer

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Comparison: Corals with Gold Shimmer

Today I am comparing Essence What Do U Think? and Pure Ice Twinkle. Both polishes have a coral base with gold shimmer. The base colors are very similar, but these are not dupes.

I have to apologize for the swatch quality. I had originally swatched these three days ago, but my camera would not pick up the true color indoors and we didn't get any real sun here until yesterday. By then, my nails had scuffs and nicks.

Anyway, here are some bottle pics:







As you can see, the shimmer in Twinkle is a lot finer than that of WDUT?

This is two coats of WDUT? on my middle and pinky, and three coats of Twinkle on my index and ring fingers.





As you can see, the shimmer in WDUT? is barely detectable on the nail, which was a disappointment because I prefer the larger shimmer particles.

Formula wise, WDUT? was superior; it was opaque in two coats. Twinkle wasn't bad, it's just a tad on the sheer side and needs three coats. Both applied well.

Even with the shimmer tease factor, I prefer WDUT?.

What Do U Think? lol

Happy painting!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At June 25, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Blogger DesertNails8 said...

I bought Pure Ice Twinkle (about 1 1/2 years ago?) however mine covers in 1 coat, so maybe they used to make it thicker (or it's drying up?). This polish color is very flattering with your skin tones! Wow!

 
At June 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have that WDUT? I've worn it in yet. amh

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Madeline said...

I bought WDUT a bit ago and haven't worn it yet, but it looks wonderful on you.

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have the old WDYT from Essence, which has no shimmer and it is pinkier. It was a much nicer shade! I didn't know it was going to be replaced by this new one and I got a big surprise when I found this shimmery orange shade in store when I was trying to buy a replacement... such a shame!

 
At June 25, 2011 at 8:24 PM , Blogger The Phalanges Friend said...

LOL I didn't even realize that WDUT has shimmer in it. I thought it was a plain old creme. You learn something new everyday. n_n

 
At June 25, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Miss Blue said...

I love Twinkle!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Both look so juicy and yummy. I know I have the Essence have to check to see if I have Pure Ice :)

 
At June 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Twinkle is awesome!

 
At June 29, 2011 at 1:26 AM , Blogger purplegreenpanda said...

For me, Twinkle all the way! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home